How To Take Care Of Your Jewelry?
Here are just a few tips:
- Remove your jewelry before you swim in chlorine or salt water.
- Remove your jewelry before participating in activities that will cause you to sweat a lot.
- Wait to put on your jewelry until after you have applied lotion, makeup or perfume.
- Remove jewelry if you will be bringing it into contact with something hard. (For example, take off your ring before lifting weights.)
- Store your electroplated jewelry where it won’t rub against other hard substances (a soft bag—one per piece of jewelry—is ideal).
To prevent your jewelry from tarnishing, wipe your it after each use (or at least once a week), using a soft cloth to remove any dirt or debris. You may also soak it for a few minutes in warm, soapy water and dry it with a soft cloth as needed (or a soft toothbrush to clean small cracks and crevices).